Quantitative Morphometric Analysis uses high-resolution image data to extract measurements of clinical or preclinical importance. These may be healthy and diseased structures of specific importance to the system being studied; for example, small animal joints (30, 33) for drug discovery, human clinical trials (35–38), or disease investigation (27).
38. K. S. Stok, S. Finzel, A. J. Burghardt, P. G. Conaghan, C. Barnabe. The SPECTRA Collaboration (Study grouP for xtrEme-Computed Tomography in Rheumatoid Arthritis) OMERACT Special Interest Group – Current Research and Future Directions, J Rheum, 44, 2017.
37. S. Tom, M. Frayne, S. L. Manske, A. J. Burghardt, K. S. Stok, S. K. Boyd, and C. Barnabe, Determining Metacarpophalangeal Flexion Angle Tolerance for Reliable Volumetric Joint Space Measurements by High Resolution Peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography (HR-pQCT), J Rheum, 43:1941-44, 2016.
36. C. Barnabe, D. Toepfer, H. Marotte, E.M. Hauge, A. Scharmga, R. Kocijan, S. Kraus, S. Boutroy, K. Karup Keller, J. de Jong, J. Williams, K. S. Stok, S. Finzel, Definition for Rheumatoid Arthritis Erosions Imaged with High Resolution Peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography and Inter-Reader Reliability for Detection and Measurement, J Rheum, 43:1935-40, 2016.
35. S. Nagaraj, S. Finzel, K.S. Stok, C. Barnabe and the SPECTRA Collaboration, High-Resolution peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography (HR-pQCT) Imaging in the Assessment of Periarticular Bone of Metacarpophalangeal and Wrist Joints, J Rheum, 43:1921-34, 2016.
33. K. S. Stok, B. A. Besler, T. H. Steiner, A. V. Villarreal Escudero, M. A. Zulliger, M. Wilke, K. Atal, A. Quintin, B. Koller, R. Müller and D. Nesic. Three-dimensional quantitative morphometric analysis (QMA) for in situ joint and tissue assessment of osteoarthritis in a preclinical rabbit disease model, PLoS One, 11(1): e0147564, 2016.
27. D. J. Pawson, M. Glanzmann, R. Lüchinger, R. Müller, K. S. Stok, Quantitative morphometric patterns in cartilage and bone from the humeral heads of end-stage osteoarthritis patients. Osteoarthr Cartilage, 23:1377-1387, 2015.