Below is a selection of recent publications from group members.
Full lists can be found at:
- Burger S, Lubansky A, O'Connor A. Continuous production of hierarchically porous silica beads using co-axial flow. MICROPOROUS AND MESOPOROUS MATERIALS. Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 288.
- Huang T, Holden J, Heath D, O'Brien-Simpson N, O'Connor A. Engineering highly effective antimicrobial selenium nanoparticles through control of particle size. Nanoscale. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2019, Vol. 11, Issue 31.
- O'Connell C, Onofrillo C, Duchi S, Li X, Zhang Y, Tian P, Lu L, Trengove A, Quigley A, Gambhir S, Khansari A, Mladenovska T, O'Connor A, Di Bella C, Choong P, Wallace G. Evaluation of sterilisation methods for bio-ink components: gelatin, gelatin methacryloyl, hyaluronic acid and hyaluronic acid methacryloyl. BIOFABRICATION. Institute of Physics Publishing. 2019, Vol. 11, Issue 3.
- Shakouri-Motlagh A, O'Connor A, Kalionis B, Heath D. Improved ex vivo expansion of mesenchymal stem cells on solubilized acellular fetal membranes. JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS RESEARCH PART A. Wiley-Liss. 2019, Vol. 107, Issue 1.
- Jafari J, Han X-L, Palmer J, Tran P, O'Connor A. Remote Control in Formation of 3D Multicellular Assemblies Using Magnetic Forces. ACS BIOMATERIALS SCIENCE & ENGINEERING. American Chemical Society. 2019, Vol. 5, Issue 5.
- Atran P, O'Brien-Simpson N, Palmer J, Bock N, Reynolds E, Webster TJ, Deva A, Morrison W, O'Connor A. Selenium nanoparticles as anti-infective implant coatings for trauma orthopedics against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and epidermidis: in vitro and in vivo assessment. International Journal of Nanomedicine. Dove Medical Press. 2019, Vol. 14.
- Karimi F, Thombare V, Hutton C, O'Connor A, Qiao G, Heath D. Beyond RGD; nanoclusters of syndecan- and integrin-binding ligands synergistically enhance cell/material interactions. BIOMATERIALS. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 187.
- Onofrillo C, Duchi S, O'Connell C, Blanchard R, O'Connor A, Scott M, Wallace G, Choong P, Di Bella C. Biofabrication of human articular cartilage: a path towards the development of a clinical treatment. BIOFABRICATION. Institute of Physics Publishing. 2018, Vol. 10, Issue 4.
- Biswas D, O'Brien-Simpson N, Reynolds E, O'Connor A, Tran P. Comparative study of novel in situ decorated porous chitosan-selenium scaffolds and porous chitosan-silver scaffolds towards antimicrobial wound dressing application. JOURNAL OF COLLOID AND INTERFACE SCIENCE. Academic Press. 2018, Vol. 515.
- Karimi F, O'Connor A, Qiao G, Heath D. Integrin Clustering Matters: A Review of Biomaterials Functionalized with Multivalent Integrin-Binding Ligands to Improve Cell Adhesion, Migration, Differentiation, Angiogenesis, and Biomedical Device Integration. ADVANCED HEALTHCARE MATERIALS. Wiley - V C H Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 12.
- Herson MR, Hamilton K, White J, Alexander D, Poniatowski S, O'Connor A, Werkmeister JA. Interaction of preservation methods and radiation sterilization in human skin processing, with particular insight on the impact of the final water content and collagen disruption. Part I: process validation, water activity and collagen changes in tissues cryopreserved or processed using 50, 85 or 98% glycerol solutions. CELL AND TISSUE BANKING. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 19, Issue 2.
- Gu D, Tan S, O'Connor A, Qiao G. On-Demand Cascade Release of Hydrophobic Chemotherapeutics from a Multicomponent Hydrogel System. ACS BIOMATERIALS SCIENCE & ENGINEERING. American Chemical Society. 2018, Vol. 4, Issue 5.
- Kusuma G, Yang M, Brennecke S, O'Connor A, Kalionis B, Heath D. Transferable Matrixes Produced from Decellularized Extracellular Matrix Promote Proliferation and Osteogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Facilitate Scale-Up. ACS BIOMATERIALS SCIENCE & ENGINEERING. American Chemical Society. 2018, Vol. 4, Issue 5.
- Biswas D, Tran P, Tallon Galdeano C, O'Connor A. Combining mechanical foaming and thermally induced phase separation to generate chitosan scaffolds for soft tissue engineering. JOURNAL OF BIOMATERIALS SCIENCE-POLYMER EDITION. VSP. 2017, Vol. 28, Issue 2.
- Kusuma G, Brennecke S, O'Connor A, Kalionis B, Heath D. Decellularized extracellular matrices produced from immortal cell lines derived from different parts of the placenta support primary mesenchymal stem cell expansion. PLOS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2017, Vol. 12, Issue 2.